In This Issue  
Home    |    About Us    |    Meet Debbie    |    Meet Friends    |    Prayer    |    Contact Us
Share Print this page Print Email to a friendEmail

< Back to Amazing Stories

Fighting a Furious Fever

Fighting a Furious Fever - My Friend Debbie     There is nothing that grips the heart of a mother like her child being in danger or facing a frightful emergency.

     I call my son Galen, "my doll;" his little face is adorable to me and my husband and we are so blessed to have him. 

     But on March 12, 2008, I was holding onto my faith that he would be okay. Our little boy, the youngest son of six boys and a daughter, woke up with a fire-like fever—it was very unusual. His face was yellow and his hands were purple.

     The day before our oldest son got on the road at 4:00 a.m. driving back to college after his spring break. I awoke with an uneasy feeling in my spirit that morning. I felt compelled to pray for him. I knelt at a chair in the living room and prayed for a couple hours until I felt a peace and the burden lift—I knew God was in control. Minutes after I began to walk upstairs, my husband, Billy called me and said Garrett had been in a terrible car accident—he had swerved into another lane on the interstate and hit a car, which sent him spinning out of control—he hit a guardrail and ended up facing the oncoming semi-trucks. They all came to a halt on the interstate. God sent his angels to guard and protect Garrett. He was safe! Very shaken up, but safe!

     The next day, it was Galen, our youngest son, only two years old, burning up with fever! I held him and prayed continually as I cradled him in my arms. I didn’t know how bad the fever would be. My husband, Billy laid his hands on him and prayed for him before he left for work. I called the doctor to see if I could get him in, and they gave me a time that afternoon… but in my spirit I knew this was extremely serious and a job for Almighty God, so I called on Him in prayer in the powerful name of Jesus who is our Healer and interceded for him in the Spiritual realm. I fervently prayed for him and put cold wash cloths on his head for five hours, as I waited for my husband to return to watch the little ones. I earnestly asked God to deliver him from the sickness and the fever.

     His little eyes were closed, as I held him but he responded to my talking to him and singing. When I mentioned the pizza we had at Chuck E. Cheese for his birthday, he gagged—so I changed the subject and tried to keep him as comfortable and calm as possible. He was beginning to shake and I was holding on. Then he fell asleep and I kept praying. By the time my husband, Billy made it back home, to watch the twins so that I could take Galen to the doctor, the little guy woke up from his nap and the fever was gone. Completely! The fever had broken. His color came back and his eyes opened. His strength returned. He climbed down out of my lap and wanted to play with his brothers and eat a cracker. I called and cancelled the doctor’s appointment.

     I was so relieved. God had touched Galen’s little body by His power. We were so grateful. God did it and we praised him for it! Twice that week, we experienced the merciful hand of God and it was amazing!

Copyright © 2008-2015 Debbie Reynolds Harper

Post Your Comment...

First Name
Last Name
e-mail   (We will not re-distribute your e-mail.)

Share on Facebook Share
Print this page Print This Page
Email to a friendEmail Article to a Friend

< Back to Amazing Stories

More Great Articles

My Friend Debbie - Turn Old Man Winter Into A Breath of Fresh AirHome & Hospitality

Turn Old Man Winter Into A Breath of Fresh Air
My Friend Debbie - Chicken and Rice CasseroleKitchen Keeper Recipes

Chicken and Rice Casserole
My Friend Debbie - Corolla, NC with GirlfriendsTravel

Corolla, NC with Girlfriends